The Society of Postdoctoral Scholars (SOPS) at the University of Kentucky is hosting their annual Research & Career Symposium to feature the work of postdoctoral scholars in Kentucky and surrounding areas, promote networking among regional institutions, and encourage discussions on career paths for PhDs.
The symposium features:
- A keynote presentation on resilience and well-being by Dr. Sharon Milgram from the Office of Intramural Training and Education at the National Institutes of Health
- Concurrent panel discussions on career options for PhDs
- Short research talks by postdocs
- A plenary session on science communication by Dr. Alexandra Colon-Rodriguez from the University of California Davis
- A postdoc lightning talk competition (with cash prizes!)
The objective of the symposium is to give UK and regional postdocs an opportunity to share their research, network with regional peers, and learn about career options for PhDs.
SOPS mission is to promote the exchange of ideas across the region and across disciplines. As such, UK and regional postdocs from all fields of research are invited to participate!
SOPS aims to foster cross-generational conversations with up and coming PhDs. As such, graduate students are welcome and encouraged to participate!
Given how broad and diverse audience will be, lightning talks, posters, and short talks should be general and accessible to an audience outside of your area of expertise.
There is no charge to attend or present at the symposium – SOPS conducts an annual fundraising campaign to ensure access to these critical conversations to all junior scientists and scholars and the symposium is made possible by the generous support of our sponsors.