The Society of Postdoctoral Scholars (SOPS) is an organization of postdocs at the University of Kentucky. SOPS assists current, past or incoming postdocs with career advice, professional development, and networking opportunities. SOPS is a UK student organization and was formed in 2014. We have a wide variety of members from colleges across campus and are always looking for postdocs who want to involved in SOPS leadership.
Anyone obtaining postdoctoral training regardless of title is welcome to join!
SOPS planning committee
- Dr. Ellen Crocker - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Catalina Velez Ortega - email@example.com
- Dr. Marina Fosso Yatchang - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Emily Hankosky (UK GSC Representative) - email@example.com
- Dr. Lindsey Hammerslag - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Nandakumar Venkatesan - email@example.com
- Dr. Stephanie Davis (UK GSC Representative from CoM) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Jeremy van Cleve - email@example.com
2018 Symposium Planning Committee, left to right: Ellen Crocker, Stephanie Davis, Catalina Velez Ortega, Emily Hankosky (chair), Lindsey Hammerslag. Not pictured: Nanda Kumar, Marina Fosso, Jeremy Van Cleve
Ellen Crocker, speaking at 2018 SOPS Research Symposium
2015-2016 Officers, Left to right: Ellen Crocker, Harrison Tam, Matthew Casselman, and Caitlin Scott
Photo by Dr. Bradford Condon